Sunday, May 01, 2005

everything but the girl

According to the butt load of ads in the paper today, Mother's Day is coming. I don't think of it as a holiday for me, although somehow I managed to become a mother. I don't feel I'm very good at it, so I don't really embrace the holiday as my own.

And what about all the other people who aren't mothers, wives/girlfriends or whatever, don't they get their own holiday? Don't say Valentine's Day, cause that's crap. What about a day to celebrate your friend, who's a girl, who's just, really cool? I have tons of those and they deserve a day for themselves just like everyone else.

Happy...Day. I should make cards and send them out.
That would be hilarious.

Anyway, tell your girl**friends that they rock, today.
For no reason. It's just nice to hear.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

I have a hard time with this too. I am also a mom but feel really immature and not at all like the "moms" who deserve the holiday. Also, I take gifts to the ladies at work but only a couple don't have kids. I can't exclude them, can I? Happy . . . Day sounds like a good idea.

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger sweethc said...

Amen to that, sister. So many of these "holidays" have become too commercialized. I can not stand it how stores have turned everything into a money maker. Thank God for craftiness.

Oh, and Happy...Day to you.

Monday, May 02, 2005 1:07:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

Happy ...Day to you!

JustJenn...you ROCK! :)

(it is nice to hear)

luv ya!

Monday, May 02, 2005 2:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since this is my 18th anniversary Mother's Day, let me tell you pups that as the kids get older and the "holiday" becomes more personalized - it gets a LOT better. It doesn't have to be pap crap.

We're going to Indy to see Sin City this week for it (we missed it when it was local) and then there may be Cheesecake Factory. He also played Shawn of the Dead thru to the "We're comming to get you Barbara!".

I'd say that's just perfect. Then again, he got me Fight Club one year.
-kat

Monday, May 02, 2005 3:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home