Monday, May 02, 2005

fishing for compliments


I forgot to mention that I met up with Leslie for the first time last week. Some of my friends think it's weird that I am good friends with someone I've never met, but I think I pick em pretty well. And turns out, she didn't try and kill me. See?

Then again, she did have three kids with her. Well, two with her and one IN her. Her kids totally rock. She and I have the same sick sense of humor, so we actually should have been friends years ago, but what can you do.

We went to the aquarium, which is a very cool place, except for the busloads of uncontrollable children that are let loose during the day. Let me make this clear. I like my kid - other people's kids can go to hell. Otherwise, fish fish fish. Very fun.

I plan to catch up with her again when I drop off her package from Hawaii. How is it possible that as many times as she has been there, she has never eaten a Liliha bakery coco-puff? A preggo woman at that?
.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh...those are SO good!! You're gonna love them Leslie! :)
-Hiroko

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Sounds like you had a blast! :)

And those puffs sound yummy!

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Glad you had fun!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

You gotta' watch out for that Leslie! She's dangerous. ;)

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I know. I hear she can kill you with her BARE HANDS!

(Especially if she's hungry.)

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Never eaten a Liliha Bakery coco puff? She won't believe what she's been missing!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Just tuning in here.....

I'm cracking up here! My nickname has always been B.H.D. --- short for Bare Hands, Dawg.

That Nemo pic is hilarious too .... the similarities between me and Dory are quite frightening, really.

And I'm eagerly awaiting those coco puffs!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger little things said...

ooh... liliha bakery puffs! i can't wait to go home in a couple of weeks so i can have one. i have a long list of foodie places to go visit on my little vacation back in the islands. no wonder i always gain weight whenever i go home!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't gain weight when you go "home" (whatever that may be) - there is something definitely WRONG!
-kat

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home