Friday, May 20, 2005

taste the rainbow

Well, I lost 5 pounds. If this happened any other time, I'd say it was a good thing. The doctor I saw yesterday sure wasn't happy about it. I guess considering I'm off into my second trimester, I'm supposed to be gaining, but this nausea is still kicking my ass.

The only thing that doesn't make me sick? SUGAR. And lots of it.

I actually do have cravings. Red Skittles. Yes, JUST the red ones. Don't correct me, that's the flavor - RED. Because they sure as hell don't taste like strawberry or cherry or whatever red fruit they are attempting to imitate. Unfortunately, they don't make bags of red ones, so I have to buy a giant bag and just eat the red ones. Sometimes the orange ones, maybe a green one, or two.

So when Kyle reaches into the bag and says, "Why do I always get purple or yellow?" I just shrug my shoulders and say, "Who knows?"
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen14221 said...

I lost 22 pounds when I was pregnant with Will. I threw up 10 times a day and had to be put on an IV. He was fine. And I gained the weight back. And then some.

Just keep eating those Skittles!

Friday, May 20, 2005 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

Ugh.. morning sickness sucks. And of course red is a flavor, just like my favorite cake flavor is yellow. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to the hubby that yellow cake is not just a different color than white cake.

Friday, May 20, 2005 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Red Skittles Diet? That's a diet I could probably stick to! Seriously, I hope you feel better soon!

Friday, May 20, 2005 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

My friend had a similar experience to Jen14211 - i.v. and all! Egads!

My weight has always stays the same for the first six months or so -- but my body morphs into its new shape. And then during the last trimester, I start to PACK it on!!

And, um, I think you're having a girl. Sweet tooth all the way!

Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, do you know what Aldi is? It's a cheap grocery store where you bag all your stuff in bags you pay for and you pay cash. Anyway, when I was helping my son put some stuff in the car yesterday, I look down and there's a walmart brand pregnancy test laying under my back tire in their parking lot. He bends down and says "looks like somebody's pregnant". If I only had a digital camera...
-kat

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home