Sunday, May 08, 2005

to all you muthas in the house

My mom kept saying. "Today is your day, too." Yeah, right.

So why was I working my ass off, only to pass out on her living room floor in the middle of the mother's day party.
No, I wasn't drinking.

My mom and O.G. decided they wanted a 'tea' for Mother's Day.
A fine idea. Guess who did all the work? Right.

I made four kinds of tea sandwiches...



3 kinds of muffins, and O.G.'s fave, madelines.



I also made O.G. this mighty fine personalized hoodie. Amazingly, she loved it and said she's going to wear it when she takes the kid to the park. I just hope she doesn't get shot. Considering she made me drive her though south central the other day, I guess she can handle herself.


Happy Mother's Day.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Wow you did a beatiful job! Go into business for your self as a caterer! Your the West Coast LJ!

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

fancy fancy!
great job
I don't see any tacos though.

Monday, May 09, 2005 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger sweethc said...

I, too, was in the kitchen cooking my butt off on Mom's Day. No complaint. Cooking is like therapy for me, so I actually enjoyed it.

Monday, May 09, 2005 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Amazing!!!

Monday, May 09, 2005 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You're a regular Martha Stewart! I took my mamas to brunch where my fiance cooks. And then he paid for it, too! No fuss, no muss.

Monday, May 09, 2005 4:58:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Wowie! You are a cooking wonder! I would've just bought a bunch of stuff from Costco and tried to pass it off as something I made.

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Yes, catering seems ideal for you! The food sounds yummy and the presentation is so great!!! :)

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So THAT'S what you had in mind that was better than the Homie tee! I LOVE IT!!!

Soon you'll have two kids and that'll slow down your Martha tendancies. But that was still really nice. That spread looked good.

Sin City ROCKED. I love Robert Rodriguez. And my mother's day wasn't that bad either.
-kat

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:52:00 PM  
Anonymous mipmup said...

that hoodie is so fantastic. we need a pic!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home