Sunday, May 15, 2005

When the wind blows, when the mothers talk

My mother-in-law. I love her. I do. But sometimes I wonder if she's deliberately trying to drive me insane.

She comes up with these weird theories about things and SWEARS they are correct. She also makes the bold statement: "This is what people in Hawaii believe." Uh, whatever lady. I'm not so sure the entire state would back you on some of these things...

1.
She said:
"I hope I win big in Vegas. But not the Megabucks, it's cursed. If you win you die."
I said:
"And...you have documentation of this?"

2.
She said:
"I bought these socks for $30, they lower your cholesterol."
I said:
"So, it's not the PILLS you are taking...you're telling me it's the socks."

3.
She said, (while eyeing me closely):
"They say that if you are pregnant with a girl, she'll steal your beauty."
I said:
"Ok, so if I have a boy, then I have no excuse, I'm just hideous."

I'm only writing this cause she's out of town. Not that she knows how to use a computer anyway. I think I'm safe...
.

7 Comments:

Blogger bRuiner said...

If you win the megabucks, you die... but if you DON'T win the megabucks, you ALSO die... woah, deep.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure in person that's maddening - on your blog it's dang funny. Sorry.
-kat

Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:50:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Good lord!

Monday, May 16, 2005 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Jenn, I can always count on your posts for a good laugh. I also heard that "steal your beauty" thing once. Who comes up with these things? I looked much cuter while pregnant with my daughter than with my son. With my son, I just looked obese.

Monday, May 16, 2005 8:41:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

I'm from Hawaii and it's all true! ;)

Monday, May 16, 2005 11:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - that last one is hilarious...

I'm not from Hawaii...really, I'm not.

Monday, May 16, 2005 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's HILARIOUS. Well, I'm IN Hawaii, and damn, I'd love to win the Megabucks anyday...the first thing I WOULDN'T think about is, "Is death in my not-so-distant future?!".
-Rokes

Monday, May 16, 2005 6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home