Tuesday, June 07, 2005

All that noise, and all that sound

New music Tuesday was always busy when I worked in the record store. Today I went to BestBuy armed with my $5 off coupon, and got Coldplay's X&Y for a mere $5. Yay, me. Everyone else in line behind me had the cd in hand, as well. This is good news to me because with everyone trying to get the cd for free, it's nice to see that some people in this world still care about paying for good music.

Considering the huge amount of hateful reviews...I like it. I didn't really expect anything out of the ordinary, it's Coldplay, and sure, X&Y does sound "Coldplay-ish." What else? Maybe I'm just in the mood, who knows.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hateful reviews? I'm so not reading those, b/c, to me, the new CD is perfection. Absolutely brilliant. I will be writing about it soon. And I already bought my concert tickets for the 8/16 show in Seattle. Here's to hoping I actually move there as planned. If nothing else, I will move there just to go to the show.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

I just got the cd today from target ($9.98...not as good a deal as yours), and it's very Coldplay but pretty decent. I likes. I think I was well in love with album 2 most, though. I couldn't stop playing it for days when I first got it.

Also, I had no idea about the leak. Hmm.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 7:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

Aren't you proud that I've not yet said "Coldplay? Good music? Surely, you jest!"?

I mean, c'mon...

Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:42:00 PM  
Anonymous shiz said...

I just bought it off iTunes... and I really like it so far! Hey there's a reason why Coldplay is as popular as they are, so thank god some songs still sound like them!! :)

Keane is also another band I've gotten hooked on. Its good Fri office mellow music :)

Friday, June 10, 2005 5:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home