Sunday, June 05, 2005

All these places have their moments

Crying = migraine. Just so you know. That makes for a sleepless night. Sometimes, Sunday mornings can be a cure all. Especially early morning, 7 to 8am, just after the sun has come up, it's finally peaceful.

I like to go out and get the paper just after it arrives, when the dew from the ocean is still hanging in the air, making your skin prickle, just so. There are no birds chirping, no dogs barking, just nice, lovely...quiet. Sitting on the porch, feeling the cool air surround me, thinking of nothing. That is what I look forward to, before the day begins.

I wish it could stay like this forever, but it's just a tease. In a few hours, the sun will blaze it's way across the southland with such fury that you half expect your body to melt if the sunlight touches you. Errands, chores, work, one thing after another, and before you know it, the day's over.

When evening comes, the sun may have gone down, but you can still feel the steaminess of the day trying to hang on for one last second. The quiet of night isn't the same as the quiet of the morning. My head is buzzing from all of the things I did, and all of the things I didn't get to do.

At the end of the day, I close my eyes, and rest my head on my pillow, trying to clear my thoughts, knowing that otherwise, my dreams will make me too restless to sleep. At least I know that when I wake up, I can still have that small lovely moment on the porch, back once again.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

I love that Beatles song. Nice post.

Monday, June 06, 2005 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me wanna order the Sunday morning paper so I can do the same thing...though we don't really get too much dew out here. :( problem living in the (714). But I bet it's sure nice out in the 310...especially that beachy breeze. enjoy those rare moments - you might not like them if they weren't so rare.

c.beans

Monday, June 06, 2005 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

what a lovely post!
and hey, thanks so much for the cool pad o' paper.
you are the best!
xoxoxox, Jen

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Uccellina said...

I thought LA was getting a bit warm too, until I came Back East for a week. Not only is it 90 degrees here, but it's so bloody humid I feel like I'm swimming every time I step outdoors.

I used to live in Alice Springs, Australia, where the temperature reached 130 during the middle of the day. But it was still okay, because it wasn't humid.

Bleah.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 3:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home