Saturday, June 11, 2005

And When I Go Away, I Know My Heart Can Stay With My Love, It's Understood


The Kid woke up from his nap crying...loudly. He must have nightmares, much like his momma. I went and picked him up from the crib, he was sobbing, trying to catch his breath. I sat in the rocking chair as I held him to my chest.

His arms tight around his little stuffed monkey, my arms tight around him. His whimpering subsided as he laid his head on my shoulder and I pressed my cheek against his sweaty little head.

We rocked back and forth for a few minutes. He turned his head and looked at me, kissed me on the lips, then turned his head back and laid it down. He did that every few minutes. For half and hour we rocked back and forth. I held him tight and he'd turn and give me kisses, until finally we both fell asleep in the chair.

This is love.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. :)

Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

That is super sweet. These are moments that you'll remember forever.....Sometime in the future, you'll see something or hear something, and you'll be taken right back to this very moment. It'll take your breath away.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

That was a sweet post. Made me cry.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger cessna said...

Aw. I miss having a toddler. I liked your sentiment. And the Wings lyric reference, too! :-)

Saturday, June 11, 2005 5:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Marlicia said...

See, it's moments like those that make it all worth it!! I want to go home and kiss my kid now!!

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger Victoria Winters said...

Sweet Pea. What a nice story! :)

Monday, June 13, 2005 8:31:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Aw, that is so sweet!

Monday, June 13, 2005 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that's what I'm sayin. And you don't think mother's day was for you...
-kat

Monday, June 13, 2005 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger mo said...

It so doesn't get any better than that. I ache for those people who will never know the power of being drunk on mama love. Im gonna go crawl in bed with my little sweaty head toddler.

Monday, June 13, 2005 11:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home