Sunday, June 19, 2005

Far and away

Damn, I just spent hours on amazon clearing out old wishlists and updating their "recommendations." Jesus Christ, just because I bought one Michael McDonald cd, long ago, now they are recommending Doobie Brothers up the ass. NO THANKS. (Remember on What's Happenin' when they went to a Doobie Bros concert and Rerun got busted? Woodsy, I'm talking to you, and you alone.)

For Father's Day I bought Kyle the "The Complete Far Side 1980-1994". What I really wanted to get won't be released til October, so this will have to do. It's a complete collection with explanations, unreleased strips and letters. Totally interesting, and totally heavy. It weighs 20 pounds - that's more than the Kid. I nearly got a hernia lifting the thing.

Kyle probably wanted anime, but screw that. I will tell you this. In our shared netflix queue, we have a total of 145 items - FOUR of which are mine. One Pixies dvd, one New Order, and a few Queer as Folk-s. The rest...is anime. This is why I don't get all excited when the mail comes. No one sends me fun things anymore. Phone bills and Thai take-out menus, are not 'fun' mail.

Speaking of fun mail, wait til you see my friend's kid's bday invites I'm working on...
.

4 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

My gosh is it his bday already? Can't wait to see the invites. The Far side is a great gift. Niel received that for xmas. He loves it.

Monday, June 20, 2005 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Sorry Ani, not MY Kid, some other kid.

Monday, June 20, 2005 11:53:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Uh, I remember that episode too. Looks like Kyle got a great gift even if it wasn't more anime.

Monday, June 20, 2005 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

There's a Pixies DVD? I. Want. It.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home