Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.

Do you know how many emails I got regarding my cute shoes, that I wore the other day? Mostly commenting on my "petite and delicate" ankles? Odd. Luckily, all the emails were from women with a love for shoes, and not creepy men with foot fetishes, thankfully.

Still it made me laugh out loud considering the comment my mother-in-law made to me, just before she left. I wasn't going to say anything, but with all this 'petite and delicate' talk, it just seemed appropriate.

"Jenn, I'm so jealous. Your legs are so beautiful and curvy, NO MATTER HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU GAIN."


Yeah, see? It's that last punch in the face you never see coming.
I need to learn to how to duck and cover.
.

5 Comments:

Anonymous mipmup said...

love the reference to "a christmas story." one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies. sorry about the weight comment. ouch.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 7:26:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I love that movie!

And I wouldn't duck. I'd kick with my cute shoes.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Did you say,

"Thanks.....I think?"

And Xmas Story is thee best!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Isn't family wonderful?

Hee, hee....fra-gee-lay...

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home