Friday, June 17, 2005

If this car's rockin'...


Yeah, yeah, there have been earthquakes all week. So freakin' what. They're only 5.0's so stop freaking out.

Everyone's panicking and it's only because the MJ trial is over, so there's nothing else to cover on tv. It still amazes me how quickly the newsteams get out to Caltech and get those quake-hags up and on camera talking about shifting plates. 20 years I've been watching the same two women, 20 years they've been saying the same damn thing.

Maybe it's not a big deal to me since I've lived here my whole life and had to do those stupid earthquake drills in kindergarten. I tend to forget that most people who live in Los Angeles have moved here from somewhere else, so they've never felt one. I guess it IS scary. Sorry for being so insensitive. Frankly, I'd be more freaked out by a tornado destroying my house. However, I do remember watching Superman (the movie), when Lois was trapped in her car during the earthquake and dirt fell in her mouth. All I could think was, yeah, earthquakes suck cause I don't want dirt in my mouth.

Wanna how it went down in my house? The quake hit. I looked at my brother. He looked at me. I said, "I guess we're having an earthquake." Then we finished eating. The end.

In my opinion, a bigger one's coming. This IS earthquake weather. Cool mornings, hot afternoons. Mark my words. It's coming people. Just stay under your desks.
.

2 Comments:

Blogger cessna said...

Supposedly we have tremors in Florida, but I have yet to feel one. (Of the geological kind, that is.)

Monday, June 20, 2005 3:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Andrew said...

The dude is completely just, and there is no skepticism.
check

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home