Thursday, June 16, 2005

I’ve got another confession to make,
I’m your fool


I have been listening to Foo Fighters "In Your Honor," for a few days now. It is...wonderful. I really love it, and not just because Dave Grohl is on my short list of men I still love, even with facial hair. (I prefer a clean cut man, but he gets a free pass.)
The cd - it's good. Really good.

Double discs are always a plus, sure you get more for your buckage, but it usually (usually) means that the artist has something more to say, than will fit on one cd. In this case, Disc one is hard rockin'. Typical FOO. Disc two is acoustic. I think they are just as good acoustic, "Times Like These" is always a really nice listen.

It's hard to say which I like more. The acoustic is rather nice to listen to at the end of a long day. But...I have always been more of a loud guitar lovin' kinda gal, when it comes to bands like these. Either way, you can tell that all the songs have sentimental meaning. I'm sure the media will focus on "Friend of a Friend" from Disc two, since it was written about Kurt Cobain & Krist Novoselic, but both albums have lots of lovely emotional lyrics.

So if you want a tiny bit of rage and whole lot of guitar, this album does not disappoint.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Nice recommendation. I love me some Dave Grohl, too. He just seems like he'd be really fun to hang out with.

Friday, June 17, 2005 6:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home