Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Turbo & Ozone would be proud.

The Block at Orange is an odd, odd little place. It's a haven for O.C. families, surfer dudes and skate punks. For being so damn far in-land there are a hell of alot of surfer themed things going on there.

For me, it was nostalgic cause it was where one of the first Gameworks was located, sadly, no more. It's sad to see one of your old projects torn down after a few years, but that's progress.

The weird mix of stores includes a Krispy Kreme, a Saks Fifth Ave, not to mention a Frederick's of Hollywood, which apparently sells a bra called the "Extreme Cleavage Bra." I suppose you wear that while drinking EXTREME Mountain Dew, who knows.

There is also a Hilo Hattie's, in case you are too cheap to fly to Hawaii, you can just go buy shit there and tell people you went on vacation.

Then there's my personal fave, the VANS indoor skate park. For all your skater needs. I got the Kid a brand new pair o' shoes, of course. How could I resist, toddler size 4, old skool black and white checkered Vans? Come..on..with..that!! Now I just need to throw down some cardboard and see his moves...
.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Marlicia said...

Damn-it Jenn... I wanted to be surprised on Thursday!! Those are awesome. I can't wait to see them on his little feet (being the kid-shoe freak that I am).

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you my son would be in love with you. Good thing you're married and knocked up. I'm gonna have to show him tha shoes when he gets home.
-kat

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

love, Love, LOVE the shoes.
I must search for some for Will now!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 5:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home