Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"Yeah, I just stare at my desk,
but it looks like I'm working."


Click for flickr details.

This shelf is above my craft desk. I forget that it's there sometimes. I went up to dust around and took another look at these old models I built years and years ago.



click for bigness.

This was my college graduation thesis. Yikes, I graduated 10 years ago. The design was a museum that faced Wilshire Blvd. My point was that L.A. is a car town and you could see facets of artwork from the street. Blah, blah, yeah. I used work from one of my fave artists Barbara Kruger.

This model is a mere 7" long and 2" high. Yeah, I make tiny things and I'm a sucker for detail, what can I say. All those tiny trusses? Basswood cut by hand. I am dangerous with an X-acto blade.
Don't challenge me.
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

Whoa! Those are amazing and teeny-tiney! I love architecture models. I keep beggin the architects at my office to let me play too.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure won't!

I haven't even half finished the dollhouse I started 20 years ago...

That's really neato.
-kat

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home