Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hurts so good

Ah, with the good, always comes the bad. The other night I found myself on the ground, doubled over in pain. Pain like I have never felt before. Giving birth wasn't this bad, for Christ's sakes.

First it was mild. Then I fell to the floor and my abdomen hurt so bad I began crying hysterically. I felt bad for the Kid, who was clearly freaked out. This went on for over an hour. He eventually came and sat next to me as I lay there crying. He kissed my lips, and stuck his finger in my nose.

And that...was that.

The pain magically went away. Suddenly I could breathe, stand up even. As if nothing was ever wrong.

The doctor checked me out and said everything's fine. Whatever. My first pregnancy I was put on a 3 week bedrest which was TORTURE. Back then it was because of too much running up and down the stairs at work, and this and that. I'm sure wearing heels as far along as I possible could, didn't help either. As for this time, oh, maybe last week, I may have carried a tv, which I promptly dropped on my foot, and lifted a bunch of heavy things...but I don't think that's the cause...um, really. *sigh*

Anyway. If this happens again, I hope someone is around to kiss me and stick their finger up my nose. Cause that seems to be the cure.
.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you keep saying the doctor is unconcerned and that you're doing all this other stuff...but still, that's the second post like that. kissy finger up the nose or no. I'm concerned...
-kat

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Marlicia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Mr. Miagi says, "Careful, justJENN-son."

And I'll tell Brent about the finger in the nose trick the next time I slam my finger in the door or kick the bed.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:40:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Glad you're ok.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I'm not happy about the doctor being unconcerned, but I don't know what else to do. This Kid2 is clearly out to get me.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:39:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

glad to hear your pain ended with baby #1 coming to the rescue...but I agree with the first poster...you prolly should be takin' it easy.

Means no liftin' tv's and crap like that...leave that to Kyle. LOL. Serious - unless you're up for another several weeks of bedrest - maybe this time take it easy superwoman. :) I know it's hard - but we all worry about ya.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Aron said...

In my opinion everyone must look at it.
Barrie homes

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 6:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home