Friday, July 15, 2005

"It's impossible, Lois could never have Superman's baby. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him!"

This was perhaps the BEST Comic Con I have been to, in all my years. It was not crowded (probably because I went on a Friday) and it was COLD, not hot like the gates of hell in previous years!

But it was so much bigger! By 6pm my feet hurt so badly (see my hurt feet?) that I just collapsed on the ground wondering if I’d ever make it back to Los Angeles. Luckily Kyle and P*ul found me amongst the sea of nerds and I made it home. Whew.

I also realized how to attack this thing. I ditch the boys, only go to panels that are really interesting and keep my walking to a minimum. Hard to do, but good in theory. Since this year went so smoothly, I think next year will be a breeze.

Short and sweet:
THE GOOD: The JLU panel was really good, with special previews of next season, which people went NUTS over. Also, I waited all day to see Aaron McGruder, who I am a big fan of, and it was well worth it. He was not the angry black man you’d think he’d be. The panel was so interesting I wish it was longer. I also got a free t-shirt. Hey, buy my love. I don’t mind.

THE BAD: Being f*cked up the ass on parking – we paid $38. That’s what I said, $38. But I only had to walk a few blocks, which is nice for a pregnant woman.

THE UGLY: It was goth-tastic this year. And boy did they have money to spend. I passed right on by those booths. Also, there were dudes in jedi outfits...with the homemade JACK IN THE BOX heads. As in, the fast food chain. I don’t get it, but I guess in the future you gotta eat too.

I know no one cares about this Comic Con crap, so here’s what I offer you. Flickr pictures with of the whole thing, or what you really came to this blog for - my very own Croque Monsier recipe. You decide.
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

$38? What? And you had to only walk a few blocks. Damn for $38 I would expect valet service and they carry me to the door.

Don't know why but I can't see your flickr pics.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Try now.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I've always wanted to go to Comic Con. Maybe someday.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:05:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Cool pics, thanks!

Sunday, July 17, 2005 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You picked a good day to go. Saturday and Sunday were more crowded than Friday. And Sunday was hot. I really enjoyed the Aaron McGruder panel too. I've got some photos up on Flickr too if you want to take a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jodilynn/

Monday, July 18, 2005 3:35:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

Thanks for all the picks from the Battlestar Galatica panel! I admit - I'm a fan of the show too. Season pass on A's tivo for it. :)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home