Monday, July 25, 2005

scissor sisters

So here I am deciding what to do with this material I bought. I asked the woman at the counter, "What do most people make with flannel?" I wanted something different, something unique, not pajamas, not blankets, but all she said was "Kids pajamas, that's about it." BORING. Oh well. I bought it anyway.

So I bring the stuff home, and as I'm pinning it, I look down, and what do I see?



What the f*ck? Not like I was going to make them anyway, BUT WHAT IF I WAS? I mean, after all the counter woman recommended it to me, and she would know best cause she has scissors in her hand, and that's authority!

What would happen if I DID make pajamas? Would they strangle my child in his sleep? What kind of a world do we live in, if you can't make flannel pajamas out of Incredibles fabric?! I want answers, dammit!

Nah, I don't really care. I'm just going to make my blanket.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

The fabric must be flammable. How ridiculous!

Monday, July 25, 2005 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

That is what I was thinking.

Monday, July 25, 2005 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Holy crap. Flammable.
But then...what fabric isn't? And what the hell am I supposed to make with flammable fabric?

Monday, July 25, 2005 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

A torch perhaps?

BTW, the weathers been pretty nice here, I'll make sure it stays that way during your visit.

Monday, July 25, 2005 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger cessna said...

Excatly what I was thinking. I don't know of one fabric in the world that wouldn't turn into ashes if you lit it. Flammable Fabric is an oxymoron, like "government efficiency"

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 3:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenna said...

They make flannel specifically to make children's sleepwear. It is flame-resistant, not flame-proof. It is also not as soft as untreated flannel. I am in the process of making a flannel rag quilt like these http://www.quiltknit.com/patterns/rag_quilts.htm.
No batting! No complicated peicing! Just sew flannel, fringe and the pop it in the washer to make it unravel on the seams.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 6:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home