Sunday, July 31, 2005

Take me home tonight, where there's music and there's people who are young and alive

Well, I was all set to extend my stay here for another 2 weeks, that is until today. Forget it. I'm ready to come home. It's only 9:30pm and I am dying. Kyle's out with his friends every night til 3am, my sis-in-law passes out around 9pm, and I'm bored out of my mind, up in here. So I've resorted to watching my moth-in-law watch Korean soap operas, which is as thrilling as it sounds. Apparently everyone here is hooked on them.

Not to mention that we are 6 hours behind the east coast and 3 hours behind the west coast, so calling or even emailing anyone is pointless, since it's so early here. I did, however, get a hold of O.G., which always leads to an interesting story.

I have also been getting horrible sleep. Since we are in a strange place, my Kid insists that I sleep with him til he's out. This is slightly annoying, as it occurs around 8pm, when I am not tired at all. He cuddles up as close as possible to me, then links his leg around mine, and puts his little hand on my arm. He does this to insure that if I get up to leave him...he feels it, and wakes up immediately. Dammit. What a smartie.

Tomorrow should be looking up though, since I am meeting up with a few friends. I hope this rain keeps up so the temp drops to "slightly sweaty."
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I hope your Sunday is a better day!

Sunday, July 31, 2005 2:32:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

2 weeks in Hawaii...are you crazy? (lol, people will think I'm crazy) But I know the life you're living. Being stuck at a home in Hawaii with nothing to do and it's 9:30p...serious, time to come back to L.A. I feel your pain.

I don't know why - but I JUST visited your tacos blog! It's hilarious! And it makes me hungry...also it reminds of a Sope that I had with Sue way back when. It was delicious - but I forgot the name of the place. I'll post it when I find it.

have a safe flight home and see you soon.

Monday, August 01, 2005 3:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home