Tuesday, July 26, 2005

There is no future, in England's dreaming

My Kid. He looks ok. Cute in pictures, but hey, I'm biased. In person, the boy is a charmer. People physically stop me everytime we go out to exclaim, "Look at that cute kid!" Or, "Can I touch him?" Hello, that last one, is freaky. It's like, what makes people say that? I wouldn't go up to an attractive adult and say, "Hey, you're hot, can I touch you?" EW.

Anyway, maybe it's cause we live in L.A. but more than a few people have come up to me and told me to put the Kid in commercials. Not...happening. First of all, I'm the one who'd have to cart his ass around all over town to auditions. Forget it. Kyle's all for it. He wants the Kid to "earn his keep." He was even going to enter him in the Japanese Nisei Week baby pagent, turns out we will be out of town anyway. Maybe I'd do it just for the free $25 they are giving each kid. I think Kyle wants him to win the crown, though.

Speaking of a crown, and speaking of Nisei Week, my cousin is a 2005 Princess, running for the title of Queen. Nisei Week is a HUGE mother-lovin' deal in the Japanese community. I never cared much about it, til now, but I hope she wins. In case you were wondering, my cousin's the asian one with the long hair. HAHAH Now that's comedy.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm always a little creeped out by the child pagentry thing. Eek. (I'm not a mom, but I do work with kids).

Well, I don't hate The Fixx...just not much of a fan. They sounded alright though. : )

I'm nicking your "monkey's in the news" link. I love monkeys! (who doesn't?)

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:50:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

I think you should go for it. I entered Will into the 'YoBaby' new baby model search, just b/c he eats YoBaby and is cute cute cute. Never got a call back. Losers.
I'd love to see a pic of your kid.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Okay now I NEED to know....which one is your cousin?! Send me an e-mail pronto. ;)

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home