Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tim Burton: "Anyone who knows me will tell you that I would never read a comic book."
Kevin Smith: "Which I guess, explains Batman."


Sometimes I feel like I should shut this blog down. Who the hell is reading this nonsense that I jot down everyday, anyway? It’s July 2005 and I writing about the same thing I did for the past few years. Going to Comic Con. Yep, it's that time again.

Kyle wants to go Friday to avoid the other 80,000 people that turn up on the weekend. Good thinking. However, the only reason I am going, is to see Kevin Smith, and guess what. He’s going to be there Saturday. Just great. Not only that, all the good stuff is being previewed that day too. Poo. Kyle seems more than happy that the Battlestar Galactica cast will be there Friday. I'd rather be at Sea World. Thanks.

Now what am I going to do while Kyle and Pa*l watch anime all day and look at the half naked chicks at the booths? I need to find something to do. The good news - the schedule was posted today. The bad news - turns out friday is Star Wars Day. Dammit. You know what that means, an extravaganza of nerds dressed up in homemade costumes. Son of a…

I've thought of a way to get him back, though. Since I'm the one paying and registering, I'll just sign Kyle & Pa*l up for the masquerade ball. That'll teach him. I'm sure there are many, many duos they can go as...
.

8 Comments:

Blogger bRuiner said...

rofl is all i gots to say :-)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

If you shut down this blog you will be forced to e-mail me your witty banter and observations daily...sometimes twice a day!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Oooh, Comic Con. I went once about 15 years ago. It was "interesting". I keep telling my husband that we should check it out one year. He'd be in geek anime heaven.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 1:33:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

You're not gonna get to see K.Smith after all? You poor girl...guess you'll have to experience half naked chicks without your girlie reward of Kevin.

Drown your sorrows at our fav dessert place in S.D., Extraordinary Desserts! Yuuuum.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 1:46:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Myra.
Explain this.
www.supermanhawaii.com
What.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger chad said...

Well, don't shut the blog down. How else am I going to find out about O.G.

Regarding comic-con, it's changed tremendously from 15 years ago. It's huge now.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Uccellina said...

I read it because it amuses me. And personally, I think that amusing me is a valuable contribution to the universe.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:40:00 AM  
Blogger cessna said...

Don't leave! Please!

Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home