Sunday, July 10, 2005

Tropical island in the deep blue sea
The natives are friendly and the lobster's free

We booked a flight to go back to Hawaii. We haven't been back for over two years. Normally, that's the last place I'd want to vacay in the heat of summer, HOWEVER, the in-laws are dying to show their only grandkid off, and if it means a free babysitter for me, then what the heck.

Kids under 2 fly free. Free means - of course - they don't get a seat. So that is, holding this squirmy monkey on your lap for 5 hours. FEERGET IT. So we sucked it up and paid for the third seat. Egads, that's a pain in the wallet. I'm just hoping he behaves. I am always the angry woman, scorning the other person's screaming child, now I may be wrangling one myself. *sigh* Payback's a bitch.

My sis-in-law called to see how much luggage we will be bringing. Hello, we're not like my in-laws who bring the MAX suitcases filled to capacity for no goddam reason. They don't seem to understand that their son is a 'luggage nazi'. It's true. Kyle does not allow me to bring my own suitcase, NO, we have to share one. Yes, I said, ALLOW, don't be all feminist about it, the man is dead serious when it comes to luggage.

I think it's his plot against me and my need to bring at least 3 pairs of shoes when I travel. You never know when you're going to need a pair of heels, am I right, or am I right? So here we are, now with a child, going to Hawaii, with one suitcase - for me, him AND the Kid. This is why I pack weeks in advance cause I stress out about it so much.

Then again, I don't have to carry anything or lift a finger, so I don't know what I'm complaining about.
.

3 Comments:

Anonymous habibi said...

You should wait before buying a ticket next time. Sometimes, there might be a seat available next to you, and you can just stick him in it. I think it's funny that you called him a squirmy monkey. Hee hee.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:59:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

1 suit case???? Then again, you are going to hawaii - t-shirt and shorts and slippahs.

heels in hawaii - hmmm, I think I'd still bring them myself...but dang that Kyle - packing will be killer...but I do not under-estimate you. hehe - if anyone can do it, you can.

good luck.

Monday, July 11, 2005 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous anne said...

The extra seat is worth it on a flight longer than 3 hours. Plus, I've been told it's safer for the baby.

Benadryl has come in handy for me on a few trips (before you call Child Protective Services, that was actually suggested by my pediatrician!) That and lots of toys/snacks/crayons/"stuff" to keep them occupied.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 6:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home