Saturday, August 06, 2005

baby love

My sis-in-law is throwing a baby shower and needs invites. I'm happy to oblige, cause, as I said, I AM BORED. Did you hear me? I just shouted it.

Her friend is buying the baby all Carter's Bubbles the Bear stuff. Don't ask me, I never heard of it either. It's a cute little bear though. So I adapted it - and made it fit into matching invitations. The friend also is ADAMANT about not using pink or blue. Good lord. Don't get me started on gender biased colors, who gives a shit I say. Blue looks good on boys, pink is cute on girls. I like it like that. I'm traditional.

The package consists of an invitation, a menu card, and a label for the envelope.

OH - another thing not to get me started on -- paying for the shower. Apparently in Hawaii, it's the norm for people to pay for their meals. I find this completely odd, cause we throw showers out here, even if it costs an arm and a leg, we never ask for money. Woodsy spent a small fortune on her best friend's shower, if I remember correctly. My mother in law thinks this is stupid, but hey, it's all love, baby.

Anyway, here's the final package. Sorry for all the "rub outs" but I think you can still get the idea.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Cute.

Saturday, August 06, 2005 5:20:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You are the shower queen!

Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. As for the color thing -to each his own. I've been having fun making little baby blankets in different colors like scarlet and denim blue these days. They look rather sophisticated:).

I don't like the pay thing either. I was surprised that it seems a regular thing to have co-ed baby showers too. Then I was told it's basically a cook-out/party...man, and I think of the time stuck playing stupid party games for cake...bleh...
-kat

Saturday, August 06, 2005 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Mmm Kabuki's! Super cute invites!

Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Gorgeous invites - you have real talent. I jusat have to tell you that the 'make checks payable to....' part gives me the heebie jeebies.

My husband's brother and fiancee are whacked. They think it's okay to put the phrase 'greenbacks only' on a shower or wedding invite to indicate that they only want cash...and I find that just so very wrong, on many levels.

Monday, August 08, 2005 6:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Algar said...

This won't actually have effect, I suppose like this.
resume template free | leopard leggings | wood sculpture

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home