Monday, August 01, 2005

Don't talk to strangers.

Some of my friends think that the fact that I have "internet friends" is totally lame. I dig what they're saying - I talk to some of these people daily, and yet I've never met them. Woodsy is convinced that one day one of them will try and knife me, if I meet up with them.

That being said, today I met Myra in a nice public, non-knifeable location, the Starbucks at Pearl Ridge Phase 1. My sis-in-law said, "Who are we looking for, what does she look like?" I said, "How do I know, I've never met her." At this moment my sis-in-law freaked, and believed we were going to die. Hardly. Myra is the cupcake queen - anyone who makes cupcakes like this, wouldn't knife me. I think. She was very cool, and I was happy to spend time with her.

I also had lunch with Rokes, who I know FOR REAL, and as per the usual, we ate lunch where the food was good and had the worst service imaginable. We are just lucky like that.

Kyle went out with KFC yesterday who gave him yet another gift for me. So many presents - what did I do to deserve this? A bluetooth to go with the razor. Yikes. Now I really am hip.

Today was a much better day than yesterday. As always when I come here, the first few days are great, the next days crap, then I don't want to leave as my vacay comes to an end. I'll be back home soon, though.
.

14 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Those cupcakes are AMAZING!!!

And I'm glad to hear the meeting in a non-knifeable place went well. :)

Monday, August 01, 2005 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

I'd totally not knife you. I think you knew that. Probably.

Very cool that you got to meet up with the very creative Myra of much wonderful monkey madness.

Monday, August 01, 2005 9:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

Just because she makes cupcakes doesn't mean that she isn't a killer!! Remember when snow-white ate the delicious tasting apple from that witch??? As delicious as it was... it was poisonous!! hahaha. at least you took someone with you this time :o)

Monday, August 01, 2005 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Wow Woodsy, you make me sound so evil! I'll have you know that none of the people who got sick from my cooking became ill because I poisoned it. So there! ;o)

Monday, August 01, 2005 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Giao - You totally WOULD knife me! But it'd probably be a butter knife and you'd do it very craft-i-ly.

Monday, August 01, 2005 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

And, um, Jenn that Diet Pepsi I offered you the other day? It had RAZORS in it. Too bad you didn't drink it, though.

And can I have a friend like KFC? Where can I get a buddy like that?! Huh? Tell me!

Monday, August 01, 2005 1:43:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

yet another posted comment that says, "awesome cupcakes!" Knowing me - I'd try something like that and then be like, "who the heck am I going to give all these freakin' cupcakes too?"

Monday, August 01, 2005 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

btw, have you eaten a beard's papa puff yet????

Monday, August 01, 2005 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I like reading your posts and am sometimes compelled to comment. I am not psycho and would not knife you if ever we meet in person...promise!

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

No Beard Papa's - but I've eaten so much shave ice and ice cream, I might barf up a lung.

It's hot man.

Monday, August 01, 2005 7:00:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Oh and Leslie, your KID offered me that Diet Pepsi. Shame on you for dressing him up as Superman and using him as a pawn.

Monday, August 01, 2005 7:24:00 PM  
Anonymous shiz said...

You wouldn't have to worry about a knife unless you steal one of my tacos!!!

Monday, August 01, 2005 9:02:00 PM  
Anonymous :: jozjozjoz :: said...

Those are the best cupcakes!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

It was great seeing you guys! I wonder if that waitress got fired...she was HORRIBLE. At least we got free desserts!

I'm in town now...tacos? ;)

C.Beans - I want some of your awesome creme brulee! Miss ya!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home