Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The grabbing hands, grab all the can

Just when I thought I'd have to whore myself out, money has fallen into my lap. The company I used to work for over 10 years ago, shut down, and are handing out the pensions. Goddam the fact that I only worked there two years. Oh well. Something is better than nothing.

I opened the letter, wishing a golden ticket of thousands of dollars was inside...but it was only $184. Still. That's $184 I didn't have yesterday. Course, if I elect for a full payment, taxes take 20%. That means...hang on...carry the one...that I'll get like $147. *sigh* Damn taxes.

I gave them the best two years of my life. I'm so worth the full $184, but I'll take what I can get. So thank you old company, thanks for shutting down. I cross my heart and promise to take that money and invest it wisely. Oh who the hell am I kidding.
I'm going shoe shopping.
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

If you divide the $184 into two years worth of work, that's like $0.05 an hour!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger alexis said...

Woohoo! Found money is the best. Now don't go spending that all in one place.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 6:27:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Nice!

Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Myra's comment is hilarious!

And "carry the one" made me LAFF! :)

Have fun shoppin' away!

Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Good times! Enjoy the surprise cash!

Thursday, August 11, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Woo hoo! Found money is always a bonus and should be spent as such. Enjoy the shoe shopping!

Thursday, August 11, 2005 7:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home