Monday, August 29, 2005

Have your cake and...

This is the world's ugliest bday cake. My brother and I have birthdays two days apart, and we always get a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake, chocolate, with mint chip ice cream. This year my mom decided to go to a new store down the street. Big. Mistake.

One, the woman was a total beyotch when I went to pick it up. She said, "Are you here to pick up a cake?" I said, "Yes." Then I stood there for I don't know how long, while she turned her back to me and did other things. There was no one else in the store. Finally she turned around and decided to go get my cake. Then she said, "Make sure you put it in the freezer." That cracked me up. Hello, where else would I put it, it's a goddam ice cream cake.

So I look at this cake and it's sooo ugly. Not only is there a total lack of decorations, but my handwriting is 100 times better than this. I can do this sh*t myself, thank you. Even O.G. saying, "What's wrong with this cake?" My mom said they asked if the cake was to be decorated for adults or kids. She told them, "adults." My brother said, "What the hell does that mean, pictures of office supplies?"

Another thing my brother and I were laughing about is that there is a PERIOD at the end of his name. Is that hilarious? How UNEXCITED can you be with a birthday cake, give us an exclaimation point at least! Then he and I sat there as the rest of our family ignored us, watching tv, so we were like, "Ugh. No one cares about us. Let's just sing to ourselves and eat this thing." It was funny. PERIOD.
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rokes said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jenn (and Mark)!! My computer is still not working properly, so sorry this message is late! Glad you had a nice birthday (aside from the sad cake)!!

Monday, August 29, 2005 4:12:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

What a wacky woman! Happy Birthday!

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:11:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yikes...sorry...that is an ugly cake! As long as it tasted good though.

Monday, August 29, 2005 11:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? Ok. Fine.

Happy Birthday Jenn & Mark.

Don't choke on a paper clip.
-kat

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger jenB said...

my husband's name is mark. now i feel all dirrrrty. but i would do anything for cake. :-)

-jennifer

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

That is hilarious! The power of the "." !!

Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home