Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I will deliver, you know I’m a forgiver

I hate my mailman. When I came back from Hawaii, I went to the main Post Office to mail off some goodies for people, and pick up my week's worth of mail. I specifically asked the woman at the counter if I had any package slips. She went to the back room and said she talked to MY mail carrier, who said, NO. Okie dokie. I just didn't want to trek it back on down there.

You can see where this is going. I went and ran some other errands. When I got back in the afternoon, what do you think was taped to my door? A mother f*ing package slip. Dick.

It's not like these packages need signatures or I.D. - the mailguy is just super lazy, I'm telling you. Anyway, I wrote him a note today to just leave my stuff on the doorstep, if he didn't mind. They probably aren't allowed to do that, but it's worth a shot. The letter was nicely worded, and very much a "please...please??" kind of letter. I don't exactly want to piss of a postal worker, you know.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

It's not just your postman either, mine THROWS my packages from the front gate to the porch. That's a long arm he's got. And he SINGS with his headphones blaring as he's doing this... so I can't be talking to him mid chorus. blah!

I love the goodies you sent from your trip...I was in chocolate bliss.... thank you!!!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yep, you are not alone in mail carrier frustration!!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Brent just went through a big thing with UPS about a package they were trying to deliver. He spent a half hour on the phone with them to get it routed from our house to his work instead, only to come home to find the package that he thought hadn't been delivered yet on our front step.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home