Friday, August 19, 2005

It won't be long, until you do,
exactly what they want you to

Here I am, Friday night, sewing and listening to Depeche Mode 101. This album takes me right back to being in the audience at the Rose Bowl. So, "Question of Time" comes on. Suddenly I stop sewing. Seeing as how I know almost every lyric of every DM song, (Thus my penchant for post titles) I know what's coming, and do the math. You see, in the lyrics it says, "Well now you're only fifteen, and you look good." I think to myself - holy shit. When I heard this song back then at the concert in Pasadena...
I WAS fifteen!

Now I'm sitting at home listening to this album, and it's...*gulp*...17 years later. Good, freakin' lord. Whatever happened to that thinner version of me, with the black & white striped knee highs, mini skirt and Doc Martens? I may have forgone the fashion sense, but I still have the same music taste.
.

4 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

17 years later I still got the Docs, but now I wear them to walk out in the freakin' hot sun all day. :P

Saturday, August 20, 2005 1:32:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I'd still wear all my punk clothes if it only fit me. No chance of that happening any time soon.
I heard "Little 15" the other day and I also thought "eww, why are they singing about 15 year olds?" Only, I was about that age too. It didn't seem creepy back then.

Saturday, August 20, 2005 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger cessna said...

Isn't it weird (or depressing, or freaky) how time flies? I still feel like my old self when I hear some of those songs (I listened to "Somebody" the other day, and the memories just flooded back), but then I start feeling guilty ... should or shouldn't I be feeling my age yet? :-)

Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Jennie Reb said...

Jenn, just ran across your site and I love it.

Here's a reality check in keeping with the "holy crap where did 17 years go!" I teach high school now (a profession no one thought I'd go into) and said something about River Phoenix to a class last year. They all stared at me with blank faces and said "Who?" Yeah, that and they've never heard of the Berlin Wall.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 11:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home