Thursday, August 18, 2005

Pain - will you return it?

Perhaps you've heard that when one becomes pregnant, they become, well, clumsy. I used to think this was all nonsense, but today I reached the pinnacle of clumsiness.

I'm usually pretty good in the kitchen, I can do ten things at once and get dinner on the table in no time flat. Today, I made a very very stupid mistake and steam burned myself. Holy crap, the firey pain that is my hand is completely hurting. I feel like Johnny Tremain up in here. (Grade school - literary reference - don't sweat it, I just mean it hurts like a m*therf*cker, and I feel totally crippled.)

So that's one. The burned hand. Now let's move to two, shall we? How about me sewing like mad, and then dropping the sewing scissors...right...into...my pregnant tummy. Yeah. I did that.

The only thing numbing my pain is The Office marathon on NBC. That and a coke slush...with ice cream. Oh yeah. You know you want one.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Women become clumsy when they're pregnant?!?! I'm screwed! I'm plenty clumsy sans baby!

Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

WHERE'S MY PIE!?!?

Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Oh man. I'm so in trouble. Feel better! The Office rules! I am so there to see The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home