Sunday, August 21, 2005

Run for the border

Since Kyle will be basically gone for a month, I have done something that some would call crazy - requested my mother-in-law's presence. For the entire month of September she will be here, taking care of the Kid.

I have to say I'm looking forward to it. Despite some odd comments from her, we get along pretty well. Plus with her watching the Kid I can do as I please - sewing all day and night.

I look forward to our many conversations, like:
MIL: "I LOVE Mexican food, it's my favorite food!"
Jenn: "Oh good! This place has pretty good burritos."
MIL: "What's a burrito?"

Nice.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

That's rich!

Monday, August 22, 2005 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I'm thinking it's cause of pregnancy hormones that you went insane right? ~blink~

But seriously it's great you get along with the MIL!

Monday, August 22, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

ha!! I love it.

I like my MIL. A lot. But I'd never, ever think to request her presence for a month without Monkey. I think you are a lucky girl to like yours that much.

Also, I hear you on the where did the time go when I was merely 15 post...I'm there with you, girlfriend. Truly.

Monday, August 22, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i've been a silent reader of your blog and just had to comment on this one =)
i don't think i would ever, EVER invite my MIL to stay w/ me...and for a month at that! -- though family does help.
you're lucky you guys get along.

Monday, August 22, 2005 12:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Uccellina said...

Oh, I don't know. I don't have a mother-in-law, since both of my husband's parents passed away before we met. I'm kind of envious.

Monday, August 22, 2005 5:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! And be sure to get together with Gramma as much as possible! And post when not sewing!
-kat

p.s. my MIL still had a strong hand in everything from the grave. yeah. You're fortunate and I'm smarter:D.

Monday, August 22, 2005 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

LOL... I'm just enjoying the abbrevation MIL!
Mine can be a little loopy at times too and will do things like hit the braille writing, instead of the floor's button when we're taking an elevator. Then ask "why we aren't moving"... umm.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home