Friday, August 12, 2005

You hold your head in your hands, and the weight of the world on your shoulders

I'm not very happy lately. For some reason, when that happens I feel like listening to Kate Bush. Which is probably so wrong cause it just might make me more depressed, I'm not quite sure.

There's no reason for this feeling really. That doesn't stop people from offering up their suggestions for why, of course.

Cause I'm pregnant and unattractive? Although a mighty strong contender, I don't think this is it. My friend saw a picture of me at a party last week and said my boobs looked like I could feed twins. She said this was a compliment. Uh, yeah right. I'm not taking it as one, thanks. In case you didn't know, pregnancy doubles your boob size. DOUBLES. *sigh*

Cause I turn 32 this year? Nope. I love my birthday. That ain't it. Oh, I totally forgive said friend for that boob comment, as she gave me a rockin' birthday gift which I, of course, opened 2 weeks early. Check it out. Mmm, citrus-y goodness. I smell delicious.

One thing that does make me happy? Watching Big Brother. Holy crap am I addicted to that show. It's pathetic. I'm not so bad that I've subscribed to the live feeds, but give me another week of this depression and I just may do it.

I'm off to listen to Erasure before I go to sleep. That always makes me feel better. How can Andy Bell's voice, NOT lift your spirits,
I ask you?
.

9 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

I'm in a hell of a lot of trouble if I ever get pregnant. My boobs will be able to feed armies! AAACCKK!

Friday, August 12, 2005 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Ya know, lots of people seem to feeling down lately. Is it really overcast where you live like it is here in Santa Monica? If so, maybe the lack of sunshine is doing something to ya.

Friday, August 12, 2005 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Sparkle & Shine Design said...

I love Big Brother too! There aren't as many 'crazies' as last year though. heh.

Friday, August 12, 2005 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Oh Jenn, I'm feeling the blues too! I also have no good reason for it. I'm sorry you're feeling poooo. I agree that Andy Bell's angelic voice should indeed transport you to happier climes. Take care of you.

-Partner in glums.

Friday, August 12, 2005 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

I think it's blues week...let's just hope the weekend somehow clears all our sorrows up somehow.

I'll take an order of boobs please...(yeah, sounds stupid but that's what I said)

Friday, August 12, 2005 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Cheer up g-friend.
P.S. I love Kaysar

Friday, August 12, 2005 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Big hugs! So sorry you're not feeling up to par! :(

Hope the weekend brings you brighter days!

Friday, August 12, 2005 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Get the live feeds! They'll cheer you up! They were funnier a couple weeks ago before Kaysar was evicted the first time but Howie will cheer you up.

I don't know how you can be depressed with double your boob size :)

Saturday, August 13, 2005 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

This Big Brother thing kills me ever summer! I say year after year, "I will NOT watch, I will NOT watch," but then I do. I'm hooked!

Saturday, August 20, 2005 9:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home