Friday, August 26, 2005

you're about as easy as a nuclear war

It's my birthday tomorrow, wheee! So who cares if I listened to Duran Duran all night, right? I just did.

Aside from that, I read something interesting in the Times. When you go to the Coffee Bean, and they ask you, "is that for HERE or TO GO?" It's not because - 1)That is a stupid ass question for coffee that comes in a paper cup no matter what, or 2) They have strong opinions about your driving with hot coffee between your legs. No, it's for state tax purposes. If you answer "YES" - they will tax your ass. If you answer "NO", hey - no tax, people! So always say, "TO GO."

You can thank me by buying me a Japanese Cherry Tea. Hot, please. Don't think I won't take you up on this.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

That is good to know! If only I could find the Coffe Bean in NYC!

Friday, August 26, 2005 9:28:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

yes, that is true. they've been doing that for a long time now. so sneaky. notice peet's doesn't do that!

Friday, August 26, 2005 9:46:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Why exactly is that? California's a bizarre state, they tax you on your 'order in' but you can get 39 cent Cheerios?

Friday, August 26, 2005 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Duran Duran is still one of my favorites after all these years. My husband took me to see them at Staples on our 10th anniversary this past February. Sigh. Happy Almost Birthday!

Friday, August 26, 2005 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I got wise to those guys. It seems that bookstores with cafe's will ask the same.

Happy Birthday a day early.

Friday, August 26, 2005 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

Dude - is it your bday or mine?! I'm headed over to the C.B. by my house immediately!

"C.B." hmmm, never noticed that...cool store! lol

Friday, August 26, 2005 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Happy Early Birthday! Do something fun, like look for the Bible verses on the wrappers and cups at In-N-Out. :-)

Friday, August 26, 2005 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Uccellina said...

Whole Foods does the same sneaky thing. I always feel a little nervous saying "to go" and then sitting down at the little table right outside, about 20 feet away from the person I just lied to.

But I do it anyway.

Friday, August 26, 2005 2:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd buy you a hot tea so you can pour it on your ever expanding belly! Then your MIL can figure out a way to comment on your weight and clumsiness. Then OG can getcha with that wicked letter opener...who cares as long as the shoes are fabulous?
-kat

Friday, August 26, 2005 3:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home