Wednesday, August 31, 2005

You're like a goods train
running through my mind

My Kid loves trains. LOVES THEM. I took him to the mall yesterday to ride the little train that goes around a very tiny track. I squeezed myself in there for the first ride, so he didn't feel alone, then I felt sick (small track, tight circle) so I let him be for the rest of the rides.

The old man running the train didn't speak english, but he understood pretty well. I bought the Kid one of those little train whistles, which tickled him to no end. Only, we couldn't figure out how to work it, so I asked the old man, "Do I need to take out these plugs?" He grabbed the previously wrapped train and PUT IT IN HIS MOUTH to demonstrate. Then handed it back to me.

I just stood there, horrified. EW. I am slightly germ phobic, and this creeped me out. I didn't want to be rude and be all, "give me a new one." But I didn't exactly want to put that thing in my mouth or the Kid's, either.

So now here we are at home. I washed that thing a billion times but I still am creeped out. Should I throw it away? It's such a waste but it was only $1.50. I think I wanna go buy him a new one. A new non-saliva-ed-by-an-old-man clean train whistle. EW.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

He should have given you a new one. Gross.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Is it plastic or wood? Plastic...wash it and you should be fine. Wood...throw it out.

Have you taken your kid to the trains in Griffith Park?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Yikes, I'd throw it out. I don't care how many times I'd washed it.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous kq said...

10-15 minutes in a 1:10 bleach/water solution ought to do the trick. Rinse well, dry. Blow. :)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:04:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

See? You're all freaking me out now. I was fine about it being washed and washed, now I just want to toss the damn thing. UGH.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger alexis said...

Ewwww... my OCD flared up just reading about that. It was only $1.50. Would you buy a used cup? Blech.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:47:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

toss!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Steve Austin said...

Enjoyable blog. Please check out my dog fence blog.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home