Monday, September 19, 2005

Drive by

How is it, that in a city this big, it's possible to randomly run into people you know? You never know who's going to drive up next to you and start honking their horn wildly. This ALWAYS happens to me, I don't get it. It's as if people I know just get in their cars and go looking for me. Hello, I'm driving - distraction, anyone??

So, same thing today. Car pulls up. Honking. I look over, and it's this guy I knew from college who I hadn't seen in ten years! Ten years! How the hell did he even know it was me? He waved to me like he'd just seen me yesterday. I recognized his face, and smiled. It was weird. I wanted to ask him how he was doing and all of those things, but we made our turns and he was gone.

Granted, although I haven't seen him in ten years, a few years ago I changed doctors and by sheer odd coincidence, his MOM is now my general practitioner, and she'd tell me how he was doing and the like. So it's not that he was that far from my thoughts. But still.

Let's round up this post shall we? Point being, when I saw him, I thought, "______ is a GREAT NAME." Dude. What if I named my new Kid2 that name? First of all how would I explain that to my doctor? "Um. Yeah, he's named after your son, due to a random drive by encounter we had." God. Still. It's a darn good name. Hmmm...we'll see.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Maybe your license plate is a DEAD GIVEAWAY! Just a hunch! :)

And....don't leave us hanging like that -- THE NAME. THE NAME.

Okay, e-mail me. . .

Or can we at least play hangman with the name?

Monday, September 19, 2005 9:52:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

bRuin_r

Monday, September 19, 2005 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Hmm did you think of the name before you saw him with conversations with his mom or after he saw you driving?

Monday, September 19, 2005 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Just when I saw him driving.
It hit me.
The name.
Not his car.

Monday, September 19, 2005 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Can't wait to hear it. You know you want to tell me.

Monday, September 19, 2005 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

My license plate also led to a random recognition from a long-ago friend when he pulled up next to me. I wondered how he knew it was me and then realized my license plate gave it all away.

Monday, September 19, 2005 7:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's a great name, it's a great name. I don't think his mom would care besides thinking it was neat.
-kat

Monday, September 19, 2005 7:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and that used to happen to me a lot. My son seems to have inherited it. When we were flying home cross country, he just walked right up to one of his close friends from high school on our layover midway through.
-kat

Monday, September 19, 2005 7:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home