Friday, September 02, 2005

He doesn't even drive it. He just sits there and rubs it with a diaper all day.

I need to be careful when I'm out and about. These people have found me on the street, which means it's just as easy for people that I DON'T want to find me. Such as...crazy drivers who want to kill me.

This particular morning I was feeling fine and dandy, out running errands, sans Kid. I ACTUALLY thought to myself, 'Wow, what a nice day for a pleasant drive.' Scratch that. Cut to 2 minutes later, when I'm pulling out of Starbucks.

I'm in the left turn lane, and there is a woman facing me, who I THINK is going to go straight. The light turns green. I wait. She doesn't move. At this point I'm thinking, 1)Maybe she has a red light on her side, while I have a green on mine (possible in L.A.) or 2) She is a dumbass not paying attention. Let's go for 2, shall we?

I make my left. She hightails it right behind me, honking all the way. She pulls up next to me. I look over, she's older, maybe 50's, a white lady in a nice black luxury sedan. I roll down my window and our confrontation goes a little something like this:

*wagging her finger at me, looking over her expensive shades*
CrazyWoman: "You can't turn left until you wait for me to go!!"
Jenn: "I DID wait for you, and you just sat there."
CrazyWoman: "It doesn't matter, you are supposed to wait!!"
Jenn: "For how long?? You didn't even move, what was I supposed to do??"
CrazyWoman: "YOU WAIT FOR ME AS LONG AS IT TAKES!!!"

Ok freaky lady. This is L.A. If I wait for your slow ass, the people behind me will be pissed off, and rightly so, if you ask me. A big bad F*word, was all ready to come out of my mouth, but again, not wanting to continue this nonsense, I gave her the "oh-no-you-didn't" head shake and rolled up my window. My perfect morning drive was ruined. I should have thrown one of these at her.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lady Librarian said...

Oh boy, I neeeeeeeeeeed some of those cards!

Friday, September 02, 2005 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

What a wacko.

Friday, September 02, 2005 8:53:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

I had a run-in with a guy who wanted me to move out of his way as he drove the wrong way down a one-way street.

People suck! I need a case of those cards.

PS Love the new header!

Friday, September 02, 2005 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

at least she didn't say, "and i'm not reading your blog anymore, you...blogger...you!"

Friday, September 02, 2005 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I so need those cards! Yesterday on my way to work 1)someone made a left turn from the right lane of a 2-lane each way street I was on. 2)drove 45 on the 101...just because...3) just stopped dead on Ventura Blvd...looking at a map or something...and then goes again. Driving in L.A. can be frustrating, so I reminded myself of what else is going on in the world and refrained from saying all kinds of nasty things.

I still want those cards though!

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I especially like when the crazy L.A. drivers have a coffee/donut/iced mocha/cigarette in one hand with a cell phone tucked under their chin. . . all while reading something really important.

Oh wait, that was you, huh?

Ha!

Friday, September 02, 2005 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

BAHAHA! YES!
That was me.

Especially the cigarette part - afterall, I AM six months pregnant.

Friday, September 02, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The smoke would go perfect with your costume.

That's a bunch of crap. I guess she didn't know who you were.

So from the Earl commercials, I'm seeing that that Willam guy has lost some weight. And if I'm not mistake, Walt Flannigan will be on the show. Will we see a Mosier?
-kat

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Nuts. I just hate nutty ass drivers who think the entire world should revolve around them. Blecch. I do love those cards. And your new header is very cute!!

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Kat, I dunno. But let me tell you this. I like a clean shaven man. Earl looks..."Earl"-y. Yuck. Oh well. It won't stop me from watching it.

Friday, September 02, 2005 5:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home