Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I don't see you crying, ROBOT.

I took the Kid to Disneyland today, and I don't know what the deal was, but he was freaked on EVERYTHING. Was it the dark? Who knows, but he woke up tonight in the middle of a good sleep and cried and cried. Geez Louise, those animatronics must have done a number on his tiny brain.

The only thing that calms him down is to crawl up right next to me, as close as possible and snuggle in tight. While this is all cute and all well and good, I have sleep issues. Having a kid, as loving as he is, all up in my business while I'm trying to get my sleep on, does not make for good R.E.M.

My friend sKog and I should sleep together (not like that) - cause we have the same sleep issues, that seem to plague only us. When we found out how alike we were we laughed and laughed. Our significant others think we are crazy.

1. The bed has to be neatly made BEFORE we can get in.
That is, the sheets have to be tucked. If I feel any untucked sheets I will get out of bed and remake the whole thing.

2. No wrinkles in the clothes.
Which is probably why I don't wear giant loose clothes to bed, because it would just annoy me to have all that fabric floating around.

3. Big comforters+sheets+blankets.
This probably goes back to the "let me turn on heater in winter, so I can wear a tank top" theory, but hey, I like the snuggly.

4. Complete darkness.
Any light in my direction will annoy me to no end. Which is why Kyle reading in bed and shining his light directly into my eyeball will get him a quick punch in the neck while he's sleeping. Kyle: "Why does my neck hurt this morning?" Me: "I have no idea..."

Yet I can fall asleep in any moving vehicle. Imagine that.
I'm off to bed. Nicely tucked in, no wrinkles, total darkness and a big comforter. Good night.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Taste the sadness michael.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Taste the happy Will.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Monkey has the same requirements for good sleep. Esp. with the loose/wrinkled clothing thing. It troubles him even if I'm all tangled up in my jammie bottoms, so he has to smooth it all into place after I've gotten into bed. So, there are 3 of you.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home