Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The loudest mouth will hail the new found way, to be king for a day

All this toof stuff made me think of when I visited the oral surgeon. He was recommended by many a dentist - apparently this dude is the best in the city or something. He kind of freaked me out. He had an odd toupee and reminded me of Dr. Frankenstein. Creepy like. Also his demeanor was a little TOO gentle. He kept lightly rubbing my shoulder until I passed out from the drugs. I woke up woozy, to his face and more shoulder rubbing. It was very...like the Seinfeld dentist episode, if you know what I mean.

Cut to years later - Woodsy goes to an oral surgeon. She says he creeps her out and she feels as if he was going to 'violate' her in her sleep. I know she lives in the same vicinity as me, so I say, "Is your doctor's name..." AND IT WAS. Hello freak show.

Anyway - I got an appointment today and - tadahh! Toof, fixed! Temporarily. The dentist said I need to come back in January for a crown. A crown! Yay! Oh wait, I don't think he means like a tiara...Darn.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger mipmup said...

glad you went in. i got my first crown recently. i decided that i am officially old. in fact, my good friend and i spent the better part of an hour talking about our - and our so's - medical problems. sweet jesus, when did i become ancient?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Oh dearie me. I couldn't go back to a dentist if I thought a Seinfeld moment might occur. That's so ick. And sorry to hear you might have to get a non-tiara crown. Yipes.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Yes a tiara would have been better.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too much info I know but when I had oral surgery to remove my wisdom teeth I was afraid I would fart really loud when I was knocked out. Wonder if I did. *ponder*

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home