Monday, September 26, 2005

Scratch this

This whole "working" thing has thrown my life into a tizzy. Yesterday, I did the unthinkable. I bought...pre-made cookie dough. OH FOR SHAME. My mother in law laughed at me cause I always make EVERYTHING from scratch. But damn the person who stands between a pregnant woman and her insatiable craving for chocolate chip cookies.

I went to the store with full intention of buying ingredients, but when I got there, I weighed the options: An hour spent making cookies from scratch, or buy this crap and spend the leftover 50 minutes with my son who I now see for a mere two hours a day before he goes to bed at 8:30pm.

Kid wins.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

While I prefer the homemade version, the pre-packaged stuff ain't half bad. :)

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

And then you went and bought more cookies at the craft fair?

Man, you're losin' it!


:)

Monday, September 26, 2005 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

This is gooooood
http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/prod_warmdelights.aspx

The Molten Chocolate Cake one... ready in like 6 minutes.

Monday, September 26, 2005 10:15:00 AM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

I don't even have kids and I've resorted to the premade stuff. What am I gonna do when I DO have kids?! Don't you hate lazy people like me?

ooooo, Bruiner - I saw the commercial for them warm delights thingees and they look goooooood.

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Oh my lord. Kyle came home and said "K* told me about this Betty Crocker thing he loves..."

I was like, FORGET IT. I already bought the cookies, I can't do anymore premade stuff. I CAN'T!

If only Kyle knew how to turn the oven on, maybe he'd make it for himself. HAHAH.

Monday, September 26, 2005 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Its like a minute in the microwave, i bet he can use that!

Tho, measuring water might be hard for him... lol

Monday, September 26, 2005 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger alexis said...

Hey, cookies are cookies.

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you actually use the word TIZZY!?!
-kat

Monday, September 26, 2005 3:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Linda said...

The Pillsbury Ready To Bake Oatmeal Raisin cookies are even BETTER than cookies from scratch!

Monday, September 26, 2005 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Victoria Winters said...

I agree - cookies are cookies and these ones are FAST! I cook them for as little as possible so they're all goooooeeeeyyyyy! Yum.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home