Friday, September 30, 2005

Tea for two

I have a thing for tea cakes. Not just any tea cakes, but these tiny ones ONLY made in a non-descript Burbank bakery. When I worked at D*sney I ate one every morning. They were so light and yummy. A kind of airy spice cake with a thin glaze on top. I haven't had one in about 3 years.

So imagine my surprise when I walked into work this morning and there were THREE boxes of them on the counter! We're not even anywhere near Burbank!

That happiness makes up for the stressful doctors appt. I had yesterday which only showed that this baby is WELL on his way. In fact, it's a good thing THIS week is my last week of work, as this Kid2 could show up at any time. Apparently those "funny" feelings I haven't been telling people about...they were contractions. Interesting.

Morning tea cakes. This is going to be a good day, I feel it.

**Ok, wait. I think there's alcohol in these tea cakes. Seriously, I taste...something. Is that why they are highly addictive?
.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm excited about this. And I don't think the tea cakes will be a problem. I'm glad you had the nice surprise.

It's slightly funny; I was thinking about ordering the only fruitcake I've ever liked for Christmas this year. Totally rum soaked.
-kat

Friday, September 30, 2005 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Well, it's not supposed to come yet. We're trying to avoid that.

I'm sure alcohol will shoot that kid right out.

Friday, September 30, 2005 8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Rokes said...

What bakery is it? I probably know cuz I worked there too! Email me! :)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 2:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home