Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ana Ng and I are getting old

I have been a fan of They Might be Giants for...well, over 20 years. Yikes. Back when they were in an apartment in Brooklyn. Back when, my god, I owned the 12" VINYL of their very first single!

Well now that they (and I) are all GROWN UP, my Kid is a fan of theirs too. They are doing cool kid's music now. I bought the dvd "Here Come the ABC's," which is a rockin' good time for anyone, kid or not.

However, having my kid say "Q-U! Q-U!" 120 times over and over til I play it for him, can drive a woman nuts. And while I am no fan of robots, "I am a robot" is really really cute.

Hey, it beats Barney, I'll tell you what.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

I love the Johns. I think I've been to two of their concerts. We always sing along to their music while driving.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love TMBG too. I was wondering how the kids album is. I may pick it up, even though I have no offspring.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:56:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

We are huge TMBG fans. I remember calling dial a song in college all the time.

Buddy loves No! so I better get a copy of that DVD.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

cool, I used to live in Brooklyn too, many girlfriends ago, and loved the Johns.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I was surprised when I found out TMBG sang the "Higglytown Heroes" song. Now I see them all over Playhouse Disney. It's funny that my kids like them now too, and yes, they do beat Barney.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 7:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home