Wednesday, October 26, 2005

grave dancer's union

Ok, here's the deal. Went to the doctor today. She demanded I go on 2 weeks bedrest, starting NOW. That is, no standing up for more than 15 minutes a day. I laughed in her face. That's not going to happen. I mean, I'll take it easy, but come on with that. This is me we're talking about. Anyway, I'll see how it goes today, I guess I'll just surf the net and watch tv all day. Someone better send me some emails to read cause this is going to suck.

So, here's me totally NOT listening to her and standing up and making Halloween cupcakes. And yes, I don't feel so hot right now, so shut it. But look at these cute things, they're all worth it, don't you think? Taken from Clare Crespo's "Hey there cupcake" book, it's a hand "rising from the grave" - the grave dirt being crushed chocolate cookies, the hand being plastic dolls hands. SPOOKTACULAR. It's AWESOMEly cute - and scary. Here's the recipe.

Ok, now I'm going to rest. No, really.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger alexis said...

Those cupcakes are so awesome! Love them.

Two weeks in bed? Sounds like my idea of heaven. Hope you are doing ok. Hang in there!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Raggle-Taggle Gypsie said...

Get better soon! Where'd you get all the plastic doll arms? - Gypsie

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Love the cupcakes, very Sissy Spacek Carrie-ish.

I'm with Alexis. Two weeks in bed? Sign me up!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

rest rest, rest.
That being said, those are the cutest cupcakes and a tad creepy too.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger cessna said...

I love it. I think it's great.

I also hate the idear of bedrest.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I know I'm not a rester either but pleeeeease rest. Make the kid bring you the ingredients from the kitchen and do the work on the sofa;) I know not very realistic but sounded good. Be well and the cupcakes are awesome.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Cool cupcakes! I've heard that mandated bedrest sucks (although it does sound enticing when you don't have to do it!) Take care of yourself as you won't be getting much rest soon.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you've gotten down your obituary and eulogy. No really - I guess I'll have to go ahead and start e-mailing you like I've been threatening now for the past couple of years.

So stay down. And don't stick things in your girly nether regions.

I have to go make some rice krispy pumpkins now. I'm not sure how to do it but I'm hoping the fluted bundt pan will prove cute. Wish me luck.
-kat

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:04:00 PM  
Anonymous c .beans said...

hmm, time to invent the portable kitchen? one you can slide right next to your bed and get your cooking thang on? (and also set your bed on fire by doing it - haha) yeah - scratch that...

Those cupcakes are so cool. I wish you could bake stuff and hand it out at Halloween without parents going, "don't eat it! There might be a razorblade in it!" The crazies RUINED Halloween for the bakers!

Anyway - listen to the lady that you laughed at at that place you hate to go visit. She's smart and although she doesn't know you - knows what's best for you. Listen to the masses! They all chant stay home...they might all strike against you if you don't, just kidding. In the meantime, I'll buy you this.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Melvin said...

Well, I do not really suppose this may work.
painful first anal | recipes with ground beef | camouflage dresses

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home