Wednesday, October 12, 2005

If I could "do" anybody, it'd be Kevin. We could cuddle and watch bowling afterwards.

Sometimes the Office is so wretchedly awful that I have to watch it with my eyes partly covered. Still. I can't stop watching it.

Yesterday I went to the post office and the line was a mile long. Then this old crippled woman TOTALLY cut in front of me. I let her, but dammit I was mad. She was way sneaky and blatant about it. She pretended to talk to the woman in front of me, then literally shoved me to the side. RUDE.

Then when she got to the front, the postal worker told her she had the option of First Class for $3.53, or Parcel Post for $3.30. She said, "OH GOD! The cheapest!!" Ok, first of all, she stated loud enough for all of us to hear that she was sending her grand-daughter a Halloween gift. Geez. Just spend the 20 cents so the Kid can get it a few days earlier, for god's sakes. Secondly, said Halloween gift was packaged in a badly taped up old 'steam iron' box. Lovely. I should send all my Halloween gifts in old tampon boxes. Boxes are boxes, apparently.

After she left, some people in line started arguing (loudly, again) whether or not it was good for that woman to be a cheapass or not. GODDAM. I hate the post office.

Also I feel extremely cranky. As if you can't tell.
.

14 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

At risk of upseting an already cranky Jenn...I actually thought last night was pretty funny. It's ok if you didn't, though.

"Dwight, use your words!" Brent and I kept singing "Ryan started the fire!"

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Last night's shows was pretty funny. But that old lady was ruuude handicapped or not.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

I think old ladies do that on purpose because they know if you say something to them then you'll look like the rude Gen X'er (or would that be Jenn X'er?) that has no respect for the elderly. I hate it when they do that to me, but I cope by bitching about it out loud to my husband so they can hear me.

"Ryan started the fire! It was always burning since the world's been turning.."

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

the old ladies are the worst. i love when they find out the total and then proceed to make out their check. i now go exclusively to the po with the automated postal center. those are really great.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

I can't wait to get super old. I've been waiting my whole life to become the "Grumpy old man"

Its gonna be sweet.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:31:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

When I get old, forget about wearing purple, I am so cutting in line.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

Were you at the post office getting Christmas gifts?

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Funny stuff, Jenn. I'll be sure to find the best box available when sending out packages to you! Hee hee!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 3:39:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Heh heh. Tampon boxes is a great way to go. Boxes ARE boxes. The PO sucks. I now go to my PO subcontractor shop. Way better.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

No Nan - that's the point. The Office IS funny - I just...I just cringe every scene. Then laugh heartily.

"I'd take the dvd Ghost to the desert island. But...just that one scene..."

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm with mipmup, the Automated Postal Centers are the way to go.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Oooooohhhhh.....my bad. I interpreted that incorrectly. :)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:25:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

I just moved...and the PO here is small with one woman workin' who proceeds to tell her life story to EVERY F'IN CUSTOMER in line.
This woman has turned me into a cranky beyootch at an early age. So there, I win. hahahahahahaha.

I think I need to start watchin' The Office...

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought Jim & purse girl would get together. He sure didn't like it when all the guys said they'd do Pam. I'm still laughing over the olympics episode.
-kat

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home