Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"Last year I went as Janet Jackson's boob. It was topical. People got a kick out of it."

The only thing that made today better was the Office. Otherwise, it kind of sucked ass. I woke up feeling 'weird'. I had contractions every 20 minutes, not tiny ones - STRONG ones, and I sucked it up as much as I could before I couldn't take it anymore so the doctor said to head to the hospital.

Nothing like having the worst pain in the world, while watching your husband try and figure out hospital forms. By the time he asked me, "what's our relationship to each other?" I was over it. Just give me the forms and I'll do it my damn self. At least he got my name right.

Then they made me share a room. Lord, do I hate sharing a room. The last time I shared a room, the person next to me was a gunshot victim. Let's just say, that since they got our charts mixed up, I am no longer a member of Kaiser.

So, they gave me drugs to stop the contractions - nothing. She said it's the same drugs they give for bad asthma attacks. I pity you if you have ever had it, it was awful. I felt so freaked out, my pulse started racing and I was so jittery I just started crying uncontrollably. All for nothing too, cause the contractions? They just got worse.

I have smooth skin. So I'm told. Why is this important? Because they can NEVER find my vein. UGH. I hate needles and they ended up poking me not once, not twice but three times. I now have bruises all over from being stuck so many times. Gross. That was worse than the contractions if you ask me. Or was it worse having my husband stand at the end of the bed telling me how having an IV would be awesome so he can just play video games for hours and never have to stop to eat. I dunno. It's a toss up.

Now I'm home and supposed to be 'taking it easy'. No stress. So I guess I'll just sit around here and tell people what to do.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Oh my gosh! I just posted about my awful IV experience today, too!!!

Anyhow, I'm sorry you had a bad day. "Just use your words, Dwight." (Sorry - couldn't think of any funny quotes from tonight's Office.)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I'm sorry Jenn. Glad you are home. Docs have a difficult time finding my veins too. And yes another great show.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This prenancey has been tough to enjoy hasn't it? And I can only imagine that you've only posted a fraction of what's been going on with it.

---
I made brownies.

What does it say under martial arts training?
-kat

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:21:00 PM  
Anonymous c.beans said...

Again I say...if The Office can make you feel better about your horrible horrible early contractions/shared room in hospital/video game addicted husband experience...that show has to be pretty damn good!

Wow - and your post made me feel good about having bad skin too - your blog is amazing...

I have Kaiser...crap.

I hope you're feeling better today...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Reading your pregnancy stories is like reading my own.. I had the same thing, plus I also have hard to find veins... instead of a nurse, they should get a heroin addict off the street so they can find a vein on us.

Take it easy and drink lots of liquids!

"What... what is he saying? NOT DWIGHT! NOT DWIGHT!"

Though I thought the ending of that Office episode was really sad...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've never been pregnant, but I have been repeatedly jabbed by a nurse trying to place an i.v. No fun. Hang in there for a few more weeks. I hope your contractions slow down and you have some time to rest and relax.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:25:00 PM  
Blogger mipmup said...

yikes. thinking of you.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home