Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mother: "What is my email address?"
Edina: "Oldwoman @ risk of being strangled by own daughter.com I should imagine."

My MIL leaves tomorrow. It has been a nice 5 weeks, except she just came into my room to chew me out for being "mean" to O.G.

Ah, I've heard it all before. I go through those phases too. Where you feel bad for O.G., then she totally goes and does something to drive you mad crazy. My mom and my cousin have been through this too. So it's not only me. Anyone who is not related to her is the lucky one, cause they have no idea.

I love the old woman, I do. But seriously, she is nuts. Maybe she drives me crazy because I KNOW I will turn into her.
Someone shoot me.

Jenn: "Cousin Lo is taking you to Universal Studios tomorrow."
O.G.: "Oh how wonderful. Are you and the baby coming?"
Jenn: "I suppose. So, you said you wanted to go to the mall, did you want to go next week Monday?"
O.G.: "No, I'd rather go to Universal Studios."
Jenn: "No, it's not an either/or - I'm asking you, if you want to go to the mall, on a totally separate occasion - UNRELATED."
O.G.: "If I had a choice, I'd rather go to Universal Studios."
Jenn: "Look goddamit, one has nothing to do with the other, you asked me to take you and I'm telling you I'm free Monday, do you want to go to the mall or not?"
O.G.: "No."
Jenn: "Fine."
O.G.: "Cause I'd rather..."
Jenn: "DON'T. EVEN...say it..."
.

3 Comments:

Anonymous c.beans said...

I live for your O.G. stories...

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm with c.beans - your O.G. stories are great! :)

Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I think most of us have similar situations with someone in our lives. Great stuff:)
-kat

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home