Friday, October 14, 2005

Son of a

Lately my Kid has been pointing at anyone with glasses and saying "DADDY!," really loud. It's kind of embarrassing. Course, today he pointed at a picture of Keanu Reeves and said, "Daddy!" too. Hmm.

I suppose staying at home has been worthwhile. My Kid is 21 months old, and I've taught him the entire alphabet, he can count from 1 - 15, (we're working on doing this in Spanish, too) and when you ask him to spell his name, he does.

Also when we pass a Trader Joes, he yells "BALLOON!" Cause he gets a free one everytime we go. Poor kid thinks it's a balloon store. When we pass a Starbucks, he says, "COFFEE!" I don't know how he knows this, but it's quite obvious I go there way too much.

All this learnin' is well and good. Then again, today I said, "GODDAMMIT" and he said, "DAMBIT!"

Shieeet. I mean, oops.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Awww. . .he's growing up! And that's pretty darn good, I might add!!!

Everytime we go to Target, Henry says, "I want popcorns, Mama!" So now I just say, "Let's go to the Popcorns store, Henry." And he's all game.

Besides, it keeps him quiet for the entire tour through the store.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger Giao said...

Cute! This is part of the reason I'm tyring to wean myself from cussing as much as I used to. For the children we don't yet have!

Friday, October 14, 2005 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger bRuiner said...

Stone-cold busted :-)

Can you work on "Go UCLA!" thx >:-)

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It reminds me of the time a friends' kid opened the door and said to the visitor, "I'm a little shit!"

Friday, October 14, 2005 2:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what was baby Microwave Merlot's first words?

My son always used to ask if we could watch "king who says you were a looney". (python)

Yeah, he never had a chance. I'm still grateful my brother made sure he didn't watch Clockwork Orange before he was potty trained...
-kat

Friday, October 14, 2005 7:55:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

My friend took her daughter (1 1/2 years old) to Target on Friday. Her daughter saw an ad featuring a woman with long, straight black hair. She looked at it and said, "Nanette!," even though she otherwise didn't look anything like me. Kids are funny that way. :)

Saturday, October 15, 2005 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

My friend Lauren calls Trader Joe's the 'balloon and flower store' so her kids will want to go. And her kids always shout 'FRIES!' when they pass a Mickey D's. I'm surprised you didn;t talk about your kid knowing all about tacos. Or does he?

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I bet he can't say Tacos without Bitches. Because you know, he has that mom...
-kat

she even got me saying it.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home