Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tasting, one, two, three.

Our family is all about the taste tests, last year we had the great Root Beer taste test where we tried over 15 varieties. So, seeing as how it was Cousin Lo's 33 birthday this weekend, we had a pizza party. Meaning everyone brought their favorite pizza to have a taste test. When I pointed out that Cousin Lo doesn't even like pizza, everyone said, "Who cares." Nice.

So being a good cousin, I made her, her very own pizza, with her favorite food, KIM CHEE. If you don't know what that is, it's like a fermented cabbage with tons of spices. I find it totally disgusting. Me - not a fan of stinky things. And that stuff stinks. When I opened the jar to chop it up, I swear to god it hissed at me and jumped towards me. Gross.

Anyway, everyone seemed to love it, and voted it the best tasting pizza of them all! (I didn't eat it.)

Here's the recipe.
.

8 Comments:

Anonymous c.beans said...

Yeah - that's one recipe I am NOT submitting to The Next Food Network Star challenge...

Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

You forgot to add Kim Cheese.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:35:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Kim Cheese. HA. That's a good stage name.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually LOVE Kim Chee though I don't partake often as it is incredibly potent as you said. My dad got me hooked upon his return from Korea many years ago.

My son has a Korean bandmate who gave him some Kim Chee ramen but I warned him. He likes it too. So you know we'll be trying that recipe because we understand how it could be voted best tasting:D.
-kat

Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

In the midwest, sticking sauerkraut on pizza is considered Right and Just.

So, you know, Korea isn't that fucked up.

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:23:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

I can only take kimchi in small doses and only if it's fresh. A whole pizza? Nooooo way am I trying that one.

Monday, October 17, 2005 6:16:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

hey! my family does that to me, too. since i'm a vegan, i never get what i want on my birthday! that pizza looks great - i love kim chee. mmmmm.

Monday, October 17, 2005 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Puke.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home