Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Happy birthday Jesus,
sorry your party's so lame

So on the Office - what was in the letter that Jim was going to give to Pam? Did he tell her he loved her -- or what?? Damn these tv shows. Sucking me in. I read somewhere that John Krasinski, who was one of People magazine's 'sexiest men alive' by the way, has brothers that are 6'8" and 6'9" tall. Yikes. That's one gigantor family.

Seeing as how it's the Christmas season and all, I have to have a tree. HAVE TO HAVE A TREE, you hear?? However, with a 22 month old and a newborn, I just don't know how safe is safe.

I mean, perhaps a smaller "real" tree, that I could stand on a box, so the Kid won't touch everything. More than that, I am looking for ideas for "safe" ornaments, you know, not glass, not breakable, etc. I like this idea of a breakfast cereal garland, but we have do have an ant problem. More so, I know I'll wake up to find the Kid munching on the damn thing.

Any ideas?
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Just leave it bare at the bottom.

My 18-month-old twins have succeeded in stripping the bottom two feet of our tree this year. It was probably a poor choice to decorate in all glass balls this year.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

What about the paper rings that you use to count down the days until Christmas as a garland? Red and green strips glued into a circle and then hung together.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

too bad these are sold out. maybe you could find something similar?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 12:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always plastic.

I like Mipmup's idea. You can do a lot with felt and embroidery floss and maybe some stuffing.

This year I just got one of those little country type trees and hit big lots. It's actually pretty sophisticated looking (red & gold). And I didn't have to go out to the garage.

-kat

p.s. I laughed so hard when he took that last picture.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

Once upon a time Jenny (of LJC fame) made this http://www.ljcfyi.com/ljcsProjects/craftiness/xmasGarland.html

Of course, it may drive you batty, especially with previously mentioned 22 m.o. & newborn, but it was worth a mention

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:55:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Folded paper ones like on the cover of the current Mary Engelbreit magazine? Or family photos mounted on cardstock?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

What about tying (sp?) lots of little bows to the branches? Or doing a fancier version of those construction paper chain things we do as kids to count off the days to Christmas?

As for The Office, I was sooo sad she didn't get the letter, too! (But happy she at least got the teapot.)

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:15:00 PM  
Anonymous KQ said...

when my kids were tiny (he was 2-1/2 years and she 11 months) we put the tree in a corner, and locked the baby gate across the front. we could still smell and see it, even the favorite ornaments, but nobody could topple the tree...

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Cosmo said...

Quite helpful piece of writing, thanks for the post.
luxury travel | beauty school nyc | ad agency nyc

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home