Friday, December 30, 2005

I think of you when you're sleeping
Of all the secrets that you're keeping

Does anyone remember the Catherine Wheel? Probably not. Ok, just me then.

Well, for any shoegazer who cares, imagine my surprise when I was listening to Indie - don't get me started on how much I love me some Dicky Barrett - and a commerical came on for a free show with Rob Dickinson. Rob Dickinson? For free? Tonight? Darn this whole, 'I have a newborn to take care of', blah blah blah.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle for listening to Ferment while I fall asleep tonight.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bookish Barbara said...

Ah yes, Catherine Wheel. I bought Waydown as a CD single years ago and it's still great! Start a movement for a comeback tour, who needs Take That?

Friday, December 30, 2005 3:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm not hip enough to know Catherine Wheel, but I'm with you on the Dicky Barrett thing!

Friday, December 30, 2005 3:37:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

I remember Catherine Wheel.

Friday, December 30, 2005 7:18:00 AM  
Blogger ren said...

i think i once saw a show with the catherine wheel, green apple quick step (is it just me or is that a really gross name?) and letters to cleo. man, that must have been a looong time ago. but i am pretty sure they were good.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

When I was a chambermaid during my university days I cleaned the rooms of Catherine Wheel when they stayed at the hotel after playing in town. I think I still have a signed photo somewhere...

Saturday, January 07, 2006 1:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home