Friday, December 23, 2005

mr. pibb + red vines = crazy delicious

My mother in law. She's quite the compliment-er, with the words.

MIL: "This new baby looks like your side of the family. The first Kid looks like our side...SKINNY."

My son is officially one month old. Surprisingly, I am 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Breastfeeding, I tell ya. Better than a work out. Those 20 extra pounds disappeared in just 3 weeks.

Yet somehow, my pants still don't fit. Maybe my ass has taken on the weight from somewhere else. Maybe I have extremely skinny elbows now. That or my diet of root beer and peppermint patties is the new South Beach.
.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm going to sound strangely...maternal here...

but you're right about the breastfeeding, especially combined with your activity. Just take care of yourself so you don't lose too much. And supplement that diet with good stuff for the Rhett.

If you had him natural and he was a good size, you probably just have parts that need to get back into place. I was well under my pre-weight and couldn't get my pants on til well after the 2 month mark because my hips hadn't gone back yet.

ok, that's it for that. Have a Merry Christmas!
-kat

Saturday, December 24, 2005 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Post is so nice it's on twice. Give your MIL some spiked egg nog to put her to sleep.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Sorry about the deleted comment - I had a typo in there and it bugged me.

Anyways - what I was saying.. backhanded compliments are an art that MILs always seem to have a grasp on.

And I'm at my pre-preg weight but not at my pre-preg body so I feel you on that.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home