Saturday, December 17, 2005

My name's Jeannie, but people call me Shauna

In the mail recently, I received several things that caught my attention as far as asking for my cash-ola. Seeing as how I no longer work, I need to spend my money wisely, thinking fully, about what I put on my 'must buy' list.

First off, I received info for next year's San Diego Comic Con. Good lord, didn't I just go to this? Oh well, they want you to plan ahead, I guess. At least next year I won't be pregnant and walking around uncomfortable. I'll just be uncomfortable in general. I mean cause of all the walking, not cause of those old guys dressed like Sailor Moon...or, yeah, it's because of them.

January 10 I'll be parked in front of the tv, cause Ferris Bueller's Day Off is being released in a double disc dvd. I don't care if the second dvd is just Ben Stein saying "Bueller? Bueller?" over and over, I'm buying this and watching every boring minute of it.

I just renewed my subscription to Giant Robot. I can't tell you how much I love this magazine. My postman must love it too, cause I'm not getting my issues on time.

Finally, I saw a lovely pair of boots that were calling my name, however I just can't bring myself to wear boots trimmed in rabbit! EW! That's just gross. Plus SHE would probably kill me. They are very cute, though. It's the pom poms. You just can't resist pom poms.
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

It's crazy how early you have to prep for Comic Con. Since we go for the whole thing, we have to book our hotel room in January. I don't even know if I'll get the time off from work approved, but otherwise we'd be out of luck.

I'm with you on Bueller and Giant Robot mag. I haven't subscribed yet, but am very tempted to.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:29:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

hey now! yay for no rabbit! have you checked out these? completely rabbit-free. and! they are at the giant whole foods near you. knowing your craftiness, you could probably sew on a pom-pom or two. they are totally on my wish list.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

A lot of the show stores are selling knock offs of them. Like Payless. I don't know if you have an Afaze on the West Coast but they sell a similar boot too.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Old Navy may have knock-offs, too. I was eyeing them last time I was there.

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home