Sunday, January 01, 2006

all is quiet, on new year's day


Ok. Here's all the stuff I cooked on New Years Day.
Go to flickr for complete details.
But here's the basic rundown:
Ozoni
Spam Musubi
Glazed Chicken Wings
Chicken Long Rice
Spicy Shrimp with Mandarin Oranges
Kuromame (for health, success and joy)
Tazukuri (for good harvest/business)

Oh, and we had a chocolate fountain. Although I don't know how "Japanese" that is. We spent the rest of the day watching the Iron Chef marathon. My brother thinks that battle "EGGO waffles" is a fine idea.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

That is A LOT of food. Wow. At my house, we don't really have any good luck foods exceot for grapes. For as long as I can remember, we've had to eat 12 grapes right at midnight.

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I grew up in the South where we would have a pot of black-eyed peas. You'd hide a dime in it (doesn't seem very safe) and whoever found it was supposed to have good luck for the year.

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

P.S. Happy New Year!

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Whoever found it...in their stomach. EW.

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Whoa! Look at all that food all made by you! This year I decided it was the husbands turn to cook for the New Years party so while I was still asleep you must have been cooking dish number 20.

Monday, January 02, 2006 2:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home